My little man

Welcome

I wish to welcome all who venture here and are interested in knowing a little more about me.

Welcome......................

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Life

Life was so much simpler, or so it seemed, back when I was young.  I was a young girl growing up in the 1970's, looking towards a future.  Things that were made up of in comic books of times past.  Microwave ovens, computers in our homes, phones in our pockets, stuff unheard of to me back then.  As I grew up and saw that technology was growing and what once was a dream of the past is in the here and now, was still unreal to me.  Unfortunately, the price of the new technology, made it virtually impossible for my family to afford, so we lived without it anyway.  It wasn't until things became more affordable, and I was out on my own that I was able to get the few things, like a microwave, or VCR.  Now these things are so outdated or just part of the norm, nobody thinks about them anymore.  I think, that technology has it way of making thing easier, and yet making things more complicated.  Technology obsoletes itself in a small matter of time.  We are in such a hurry to make the next bigger and better thing, that we haven't enough time to enjoy the new techno gadget we just got. 
I just had a discussion in class about this and it seemed that so many were for technology driven gadgets like Ipod and Iphones, and PS3's, and things of that nature.  I say give me a computer, and I have the world in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment